Friday, January 11, 2019

Cold temps, college and coon cameras

I remember when the grad school daughter hit the downhill run of senior year and it's hard to believe that was already six years ago. I've been keeping track of the weather in Chicago where she's interning until spring break and am glad I'm in Texas rather than having to endure their much colder winter.


Monday night we enjoyed watching two of the senior's top universities in consideration for her next four years go head-to-head in the national football championship. Like so many folks, we were surprised that Clemson pulled off such a resounding win. Go Tigers!


When the senior went back to classes on Monday, she immediately started complaining about how cold they keep it in the buildings. So I went out and bought her some hand warmers to keep in her pockets during the school day. It's hard to stay warm when your body fat percentage is a single digit number!


And finally, we had an alarm system installation started this week (no new gate entry post and panel yet, but it's on order) and we're really enjoying the Ring app with its motion detector lights and videos. What I didn't appreciate was the following pics from video I received loud and clear on the Ring app at 4 am the first morning after it was up and running because I forgot to mute the notifications. It seems one of our local raccoons is coming around again, looking to see if I've remembered to put the strap on our garbage bins so they can't raid them anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment