Thursday, August 6, 2020

Football weekend shuffle

I'm so bummed. Back in the spring, the cute little boutique hotel right across from Clemson's stadium where I love to stay gave me a phone call to get first dibs on football weekends. So I got us signed up for the home game in mid-November. You know - cooler weather and senior/military appreciation weekend, so it would kinda be ideal.


But nooooo, the COVID had to come along and throw a big ol' monkey wrench into yet another pastime we enjoy. Sure enough, the revised football schedule released today is now showing my reserved weekend with no football game. I swear, y'all, I wanted to go all Karen up in here. But of course I didn't. The girls and dogs wouldn't have appreciated my "how dare they" kicking and pitching like a spoiled rotten housewife.

Now I'm consoling myself with the idea that I might not have even been allowed into the stadium for the game I originally wanted. We've heard talk of them just admitting students in order to keep spectators in the stands socially distanced. Lord only knows what the plague will be up to by November. Most folks will have gone about six months with little contact to the outside world. Eating their way through the food supplies they picked up curbside. Ding Dongs and Cool Ranch Doritos. Ignoring the exercise room in their house. Lounging in the AC binge watching Netflix. Oh wait a minute, I'm talking about me and probably not you. You're not aiming to be on that show "My 600-lb Life" like SOME folks who have eaten and not exercised their way through this pandemic.

So I'm gonna wait and see how this fall plays out. For now, I'm hanging onto my reservation and might just go up for a long weekend to visit our college sophomore. Recommit to exercising from now 'til then so I can enjoy some good old fashioned homecooking, South Carolina style.



No comments:

Post a Comment