Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Bachelorette bash

Our older daughter hosted a bachelorette party at the lake house last weekend - Jessica's Getting Maui'd! I went up early Friday morning to grocery shop and prep for it since our daughter was in the midst of the run-up to a filing with her auditing gig's new client. Plus I also wanted to look around and assess/document any damage done by a wind storm that blew through there a couple days before. Our new next door neighbors, a lovely family of super sweet Texas A&M grads, sent me several pics like the one below, where one of our chairs on the dock got blown into the water behind our boat.

It snapped our A&M-UT house divided flagpole in half and tossed it into their yard. I soon discovered that it picked up the table on the back porch and moved it a couple feet. Plus it blew a few red tiles off our roof. So now I'll be needing to find a local roofing company to crawl atop the house and see what might need to be repaired.

When I zipped by the local bakery to pick up the cookies I ordered as edible party favors for the guests, I got a kick out of the shark cookies they had in the display case. I also bought some of my favorite toffee from a local chocolate shop in Marble Falls. World's best is a pretty big boast, but it truly is that good.


Friday I took the bachelorette party on an early evening cruise of our favorite places on the lake. I left the boat cover in an area that was open to the sky, and then sure enough we had a pop up downpour while I was grilling supper that night that filled it full of rainwater. So I had to wrestle the heavy cover full of water to get it emptied Saturday once they left on the party bus for their hill country vineyards tour, and leave it out in the sun to dry. At that point, I was just thankful for some clear skies.

Saturday afternoon, an old bleached towable floated into our canal. It drifted around a bit until the wind shifted and it got pushed back out into the main body of the lake.


I helped blow up balloons for the picture arch they put out on the backporch as their backdrop for group pics before they went out to dinner Saturday night. It was a lot of work, but a nice weekend celebrating the soon-to-be bride Jessica's impending nuptials in Maui.


No comments:

Post a Comment