Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Home Sweet Home

I'm back home in Texas, but my inner clock is still on Israel time. I just downloaded over 600 pics I'll need to cull through before getting organized to post about our trip. With Thanksgiving looming large on the calendar next week, maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a couple posts before the holiday cookingpalooza begins.

My good friend and I had a wonderful time seeing some of the Biblical highlights in Israel for ten days. We kicked off our trip with a couple easy flights. I spied this baggage handler taking a break and had to snap a pic.

I wish our return trip home had gone as smoothly. We were literally running through Heathrow and Houston Intercontinental in order to make connections since our original flight out of Tel Aviv was delayed almost three hours due to fog in London. But whatcha gonna do since the weather is out of our control? We got in a bit of unexpected cardio on the way home. Plus we didn't have to spend an extra night in a hotel, thankfully. A highlight for me would have been snooping through the shops in Heathrow as I originally planned when I booked the flights. However, I was lucky to snap a pic of personal favorite sandwich place Pret between security and the B gates to catch our rescheduled hop back across the Atlantic. There's no place like home, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment