Friday, March 10, 2023

Little by little

We've been in the house for a week now and it's slowly starting to come together. Our master bath and coffee station bases were set in place a couple days ago, then the quartz and granite countertops were added. Now we're just waiting on the cabinet drawers, shelves and doors. In the meantime, our master bath items are having to hang out in boxes in our respective his and hers master closets while we use the guest bathroom downstairs. Once this is completed, the cabinetmaker will move on to creating my office built-ins.


This morning the mirror and glass company came to take measurements for the master bath mirrors, as well as glass tops for both dining tables, coffee table, end tables and my office desk. While I was waiting on the guy to arrive, I busied myself in the formal dining room. I love that back accent wall as much as I imagined I would when I told our contractor what I wanted. Alas, there's only so much decorating I can do since we can't unpack living and dining decor until my entertainment centers are repainted. So I mainly just did some organizing and decided on shelf placement after giving everything a good dusting.



My sweet cleaning lady did an outstanding job of starting to unpack the college coed's bedroom while I was at Bible study yesterday. I had thought the coed and I would tackle this during her spring break next week. However, we will be spending several days up in Dallas looking at apartment options. Our girl was accepted to law school at SMU and we're so happy that her hard work as an undergrad at UT Austin has paid off with this next step in her education. She was super pleased she received a dean's scholarship for 20K per year. What a blessing, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment