With the arrival of the BER months, the social season here in our community is taking off once more. Saturday evening we attended the annual benevolence foundation fundraiser. I donated several items for the silent auction. Then we ended up winning a live auction item... a behind-the-scenes custom dinner for us and eight other guests at a local Chinese restaurant, hosted by one of our neighbors. Our girls and their significant others love Chinese, so I'm hoping to include them when we get that on the calendar in the new year.
This next weekend, we're attending the State Fair dinner at the club. But first I've got to clear the hurdle of the annual fall spaghetti covered dish dinner at our church. In addition to wrapping 200 sets of plastic cutlery and tying it with thin ribbon, I volunteered to provide fall decor. Plus I've got to whip up a broccoli salad as well as a chocolate and ricotta cake I've seen several times on the Insta reels. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, y'all. October's fall festival and trunk or treat, November mahjong luncheon and Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas cocktail party and women's club homes tour host, just to name a few. Plus building a brand new home and presenting multiple weeks of Bible study lessons at our church. I keep telling myself that if I can just survive my numerous commitments through the end of December, I'm gonna book a nice, relaxing vacation after we ring in the new year.
Finally, I'd like to share a pic of our pretty little pay raise, seen below. Our sweet bitty bear (the younger daughter's nickname), all grown up and a first year associate at her law firm, kicked off her working girl era on September 14. Which means the husband and I finally got our second and final chick off the parent payroll. No more tuition or living expenses. It's a lovely feeling, when you raise your girls to spread their wings and fly in life, and you get to see them do just that. Praise the Lord for the many blessings He has bestowed on our girls to get them where they are today. What a joy it has been to watch them shine for His glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment