Thursday, May 17, 2018

Rocking good time

Ye olde money pit continues to get the gradual improvements. With the exterior patch and paint job done, we've been working on updating the landscaping. With the house standing empty for over two years and only the most minimal of maintenance done to the yard, we've been busy trying to get the front 2/3 of our 2.5 acre lot looking presentable.




I'm desperately seeking this pretty fountain grass seen above. I found three plants at one local nursery, but I need a total of ten. So I'll be hitting other local nurseries next week to try and locate it.


We've looked and considered, checked out Texas agriculture websites, considered what the landscape architect "thought" would look good in the space based upon her design, and spent more money than I ever thought I would on plants at a local nursery. When you're working with such a big yard, it takes a lot of greenery to make any sort of impact. And rock. Who knew there was so much variety in landscaping rock.




No comments:

Post a Comment