Monday, May 6, 2024

Catering tasting

I'm not a foodie, and yet I did enjoy the tasting our engaged daughter's wedding caterer hosted for us a couple weeks ago. I made the drive to Austin to spend the day with our CPA to make some wedding decisions with her vendors. And deposits. The checkbook was open, y'all, when she chose cranberry velvet draping to be installed behind the band's stage at the reception venue. Next we visited with the baker at her shop where the future bride designed a lovely five tier wedding caked based on this simply elegant inspiration pic below.


 

Then we were off to the tasting with her caterer, where we spent almost two hours sampling and discussing what they're considering for the final menu. This included everything from signature drinks and passed appetizers, to a couple of the entree offerings as well as desserts that will be available in the patisserie lounge. As much as I adore wedding cake, I'm also looking forward to seeing the croquembouche. Since the daughter wanted French inspirations for her wedding, she included this eye catching dessert as the centerpiece of her pastry table. In case you're not sure what I'm talking about, it's a cone shaped tower of cream puffs bound together by caramel - see sample pic above. Since it's the star of the dessert offerings, the croquembouche is merely decoration and there will be individual cream puffs available to actually eat. The sweets selection will also include creme brulee, flourless chocolate cake, strawberry napoleon, and pavlovas. That's in addition to three different flavored layers of wedding cake. My life long sweet tooth is already looking forward to sampling this display of decadent desserts. Sounds like I'll need to be sure I'm poured into the serious shapewear under my mother-of-the-bride dress if I'm gonna be enjoying all of this rich food and drink!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment