The husband and I didn't get a break from the Texas heat this month since we're dealing with new house, pool and boathouse planning/permits for construction. But our girls did get away. I love that this is the third summer they've taken a sister's trip together. California, Rhode Island and Massachusetts have provided lovely changes of scenery and temps for them the past several years.
Our lawyer and her boyfriend also got a break from this sweltering Texas summer to attend a wedding, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Even though it's bordering on Dante's 9th circle of hell here lately, some of our sunsets have been fantastic.
As always, I don't let the heat deter me from dreaming about cooler fall days. I had the husband bring down my 22 bins of autumn decor from the attic earlier this week for me to sort. I had purged some last year. And then ended up donating another four boxes of light blue and green pumpkins I originally purchased almost ten years ago. I've picked up several new fall decorations that will go nicely with this different color direction I'm taking.
No comments:
Post a Comment