Sunday, October 22, 2017

This and That

Yesterday the football team wrapped up the last game. As much as I enjoy a good game, I prefer a climate controlled viewing location. So bring on basketball season! Here is a pic of the teen and her dad in our ugly backyard before demo kicked off on Thursday. Since it's October, she's obviously prepped for the breast cancer awareness pink out game. Then there's a short video below that.



A couple weeks before that was the homecoming game and dance. I'm always amazed at how the high school girls look like extras on the set of "Sex and the City" when they put on a dress, heels and some makeup. 



Pepper pup is doing fine. She went for her spay surgery on Monday. Knowing the Cairn hooligans would be back to wrestling like maniacs when Pepper should be taking it easy, I boarded her a couple extra days. She's still wearing her cone for another day, but she honestly doesn't seem to mind. And it's not slowing down her ability to eat treats, gnaw on her toys or romp with brother Ollie. 


Our grad school girl had midterms last week, so I (not so coincidentally, lol!) sent her a halloween goodie box of snacks and a mini zen garden for her and the roommate to enjoy. This is a screenshot of her Snap showing it.


At this stage in the game, I have to mention a bit about kicking off phase 2 of the remodel. The dogs were on and off concerned about the jackhammering and bobcat cement busting noises last week that will continue into tomorrow while the contractor's guys bust up all of the existing hardscape around the pool, between the house and cabana. Ollie boy is more frightened of loud noises than Pepper pup, so he stayed close to me. She was busy looking out the window at the ruckus and playing with her toys. 



Here is a final pic of the elusive black squirrels I often spy in our neighborhood. I finally had my phone on me when I saw one recently and got a kinda fuzzy pic of it next to the neighbor's car. They just seem so exotic and cool compared to the usual red and gray ones we see playing chicken in the road and tormenting the dogs with their antics.


No comments:

Post a Comment