Sunday, February 4, 2018

Fickle February Weather

It wouldn't be Texas if the temps weren't bouncing all over the place. A few days ago our high was in the 50s and today we're pushing 80. Ollie and Pepper love to laze in the sun shining on the master bed in the morning when it's typically cooler and they're looking to get warm.



I've about decided Pepper has some cat in her DNA because she loves to chase shiny lights. I bought a cheap kitty laser toy that is easy entertainment when she's stuck inside due to bad weather. She works up a real pant chasing it all over the floor.


Mimi (my mother), who lives in the guest apartment on our property, is out of town for a few days to attend a funeral, so I told her I'd dogsit her little darlings. The pugzillas may shed like fiends and snuffle up every little thing they find on the ground, but are actually easy to manage most of the time. All I have to do is holler treat and they practically knock me down as I play pied piper, getting them to follow me wherever I go. I tend to relate since I'd climb mountains and ford streams for a delicious dessert made from scratch.



No comments:

Post a Comment