Saturday, July 14, 2018

Life's better at the lake

I've been at the lake for the past few days with a friend of mine. Me and my girls have traveled with her and her girls for at least seven summers now. We've taken the girls on a Caribbean cruise, to Disney, the beaches and now the lake.

 This year we were missing my oldest since she had to take some prereq classes for her new masters program in North Carolina, so that was disappointing. Since she didn't have her older sister, I let my youngest bring her best friend from school. But this year we've also added something new into the mix... boyfriends! My friend's youngest and my youngest daughter, ages 18 and 17, both have boyfriends and so we let the guys join us for a day of boating and tubing. I was a tad nervous about driving the 18-wheeler of the lake, a pontoon boat. But I called it a great success since I didn't run over any of our teens, tangle the tow rope in the propeller or smash into any of those pesky folks on jet skis that are zipping around everywhere.


We always have fun with these friends because the girls get along, so it's all good times and wonderful memories.





We're already thinking next year we have to get all of us together for one more moms and daughters trip since the youngest of the group will have just graduated high school and we'll officially be entering the next stage in our lives as moms with empty nests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment