Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Babysitting Brutus

The in-laws wanted to travel to Colorado to enjoy some fall foliage and cooler weather, so I kept their six month old yorkiepoo Brutus for about eight nights. All five pounds of him. The only un-fixed one in the herd of three, joining our spayed and neutered cairns, he had a humping good time trying to assert his dominance over them. I'll spare you any video of that.



Brutus was initially afraid of 18 month old Pepper and 7 year old Ollie, but he quickly overcame that and got into the mix. He liked to stake out his safe spot in my lap and then defend his position. Another favorite activity was trying to destroy all of the plastic pieces on our dog's toys. The possum tail and little fingers were favorites to chew off and then try to swallow. It was like wrestling a tasmanian devil trying to get them out of his mouth.



Ollie hides from the vacuum, Pepper follows me around while I vacuum and we discovered Brutus likes to bark at the vacuum.



Then there was the morning I fed and took Brutus outside and played with him for over an hour after I worked out my elliptical. I put him in his little kennel area in the family room to hang out while I took a quick shower, but as you can see below, he decided to entertain himself by tearing all of the stuffing out of his little gray doggie bed.



Because Brutus is ripe pickings for our local hawk population, I had to accompany him outside for all potty and play breaks. The carpet-like St Augustine grass got kinda tall before our yard guys showed up to mow, and Brutus seemed to pick his way through the jungle of grass blades gingerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment