Saturday, March 30, 2019

Furry pets

The husband has work commitments this weekend, so last night it was just me and the doggies hanging in the master bed. I was watching TV and they were keeping me company by being lazy little sleep machines. But don't be fooled by this display of sloth. As soon as a leaf falls from an oak tree or a squirrel farts in the yard, they're all over it with the barking and throwing themselves at the windows to get outside.


This morning after I worked out, I did my usual patio chores. I seldom wish for rain at this time of year, but a nice steady downpour would do wonders for our current pollen situation. My new roof has a decidedly yellow tint to it right now, not to mention the slate around the pool. So I'm out there with my blower every morning, trying to keep it looking presentable. This morning when I fetched the big net to collect the little floating pollen thingies off the top of the water, I looked down to see what has become our usual spring pool diver... a tarantula. They obviously live here on the property, but I've only ever seen them in the spring. And usually in the pool. I have no clue why they do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment