Monday, August 5, 2019

North Carolina ladies trip

I spent last week in the Nantahala National Forest, taking a good look at the area since it's one of our top picks for a second/retirement home. A couple friends joined me and we enjoyed exploring this region.

Our home base was the Greystone Inn on Lake Toxoway. This far southwestern section of North Carolina is filled with pretty vistas, mild summer temps and golf courses as far as the eye can see. At least when the terrain allows for it.





The pic below was our view from the back veranda of the inn, a very relaxing spot to enjoy a glass of wine with friends. 


Our home away from home was built in the early 1900s by a Savannah socialite and her husband as a place to escape the summer heat at the coast. Our rooms were housed in the original "mansion" and were quite lovely. 






I could grow accustomed to fresh lemon and lime ice water placed on my nightstand every evening (see above). And just get a look at the pincushion below that was sitting on the desk in my room - too danged cute.


After a couple days, we started calling our trip The Pimento Cheese Tour of 2019. I swear, pimento cheese in some form was on the menu at most places, including our inn. A favorite appeared to be melted pimento cheese with either warm breadsticks or chips. I'm a big cheese fan, so it was all good to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment