Thursday, November 7, 2019

Housewifeing

After several days of 80+ degree temps, me sweating while doing my daily pool and patio chores, a cold front blew in early this afternoon. Cool temps = chili weather. Plus some Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread, a recipe my cousin posted on FB that she swears is easy and amazing. So I decided to give it a try with the husband since he'll eat pretty much anything. It's nice being married to an omnivore.



I took the terriers for a mini groom this afternoon because I'm sick and tired of them tracking dirt into the house and inevitably onto the master bed. They have this bad habit of mucking around in the few parts of the yard where there isn't a lot of grass. They get mud stuck on their feet fur. Then they come inside and hop up onto the master bed, a favorite lounging spot, where they proceed to pluck out the mud with their teeth and spit it out onto the bed covering. This became a problem last fall, so I purchased a mud colored blanket to toss across the duvet to keep it as clean as possible despite their best efforts to make it filthy. It mostly works.

When I returned from the grooming run, the holiday light company was here installing our display on the trees. And I immediately felt bad because I was positive they were coming NEXT week... which gave me and the husband this weekend to trim the water sprouts off the trees that were getting lights. Alas, they're about finished now. 

I'm sure the neighbors think we're nuts, with the Christmas lights going up on Nov 7. So once the light guys leave, I'll go outside and unplug the timer. I don't mind the lights going up early. But my early is the day after Thanksgiving, not a full three weeks before Turkey Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment