Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Kicking off the Christmas season

Last weekend I hosted mother and some of her friends at the lake house. That's right, y'all, I'm the BEST daughter! I can only hope one day our girls will be kind enough to include me in their lives like I do with my own mother, even though I'll undoubtedly be a picky old woman who makes them kinda crazy at times. 

We enjoyed visiting several hill country towns, all decked out in their holiday lights. Mother was thrilled with all of the good food she got to enjoy while visiting with long time friends. It even felt like Christmastime, with temps getting pretty chilly at night and us being able to wear long sleeves and jeans, with nary a flip flop in sight.








The BBQ line, pictured above, really cracked us up. Its names deserve a PG 13 rating, but we were told by the shop owner that it's pretty tasty and is a good seller.


No comments:

Post a Comment