Saturday, January 16, 2021

Snow cold down south

This week we hunkered down a few days of really cold weather, including a touch of snow and sleet. You can see the little bit of accumulation we had, there in the narrow raised bed at the base of the chimney exterior outside the front living area. None of it stuck, thank goodness. It's pretty when it does, but really shuts everything down. And I think we can all agree we've had enough of that with these covid restrictions for almost a year now.


 

In other thrilling family news, our older daughter had to fly out of town for several days to work and so I drove over to meet her in order to fetch her chorkie. Lucky me - he'd been suffering with a case of doggy diarrhea for several days. Not wanting our two terriers to pick up some nasty canine stomach bug, I took him to our vet for a check. Thankfully, the doggy doc decided it wasn't contagious. Chorkie was on high alert when we were at the vet waiting for him to be seen since there was some doggy in the adjacent exam room yapping its little head off.

Chorkie has been enjoying his stay at Nan and Pop's house, playing with his buddy Pepper and sunbathing in the hallway off the family room.


One of these days when I completely run out of other productive stuff to do, I'll finally get around to trading out a few of our old pics on the travel wall to replace them with something from my trips to Peru, Egypt and Jordan.

I was digging through one of my office drawers earlier this week and ran across my long lost cat laser pointer that's in the shape of a mouse. Sure enough, Pepper had the best time chasing it. Between that and the personal grooming, I swear sometimes she's half kitty.


No comments:

Post a Comment