Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A little lake getaway for the girls

The college coed wanted to invite a couple friends and her cousin to the lake house since she'll be moving into her Austin apartment in a couple weeks. They needed someone to drive the boat and drag them around the lake on an inflatable, so I was also on the guest list. That meant all three doggos had to accompany us since the husband was busy working. Thankfully, our pets have the lake ride and routine down pat now.


The girls immediately enjoyed some pool time when we arrived. After grilling supper, they wanted to do a golden hour cruise for pics, so I captained up and did the honors. The next day, we ate a tasty lunch in Marble Falls, then hit the water for several hours. It's so different up there during the week when you don't have to contend with the big weekend crowds. Plus the wind wasn't blowing much, and so I totally stuck my docking maneuvers. 


Ongoing bird update... those danged swallows struck again, building their latest nest in the housing of the boat lift's motor. So that meant I had to deal with their mess before I could use the boat lift since I didn't want to risk any damage and have the boat stuck up there and unusable until we could hire someone to repair it. I peeled back the boat cover part way, then brought a stepladder into the boat to allow me access to carefully remove all of their icky nesting materials. Once that was done, I carefully rolled back the rest of the cover and got it cleaned up. Then I addressed the boat's floor with my vacuum to get the little bits of debris, and followed it up by using those sanitizing wipes on all of the seats. Now I understand why the good boat detail folks on the lake charge a hefty fee for their services, because that's seriously time consuming work in the heat while working on a boat in its lift.


No comments:

Post a Comment