Monday, July 5, 2021

Family, food and the 4th

We had a lovely, laid-back long weekend at the lake house celebrating Independence Day. I went up a day before the rest of the family to hit the grocery store before the other second home lake owners descended like locusts to clean out all of the hamburger and hot dog buns and raid the steaks. 


We bought a few patriotic cookies from a local bakery in Marble Falls. I remembered to pull out the 4th of July holiday cups from last year I forgot to use. The younger daughter also whipped up a homemade hummingbird cake for my husband's dad's 85th birthday.

The weather forecast was looking really iffy for clear skies all weekend, but we did enjoy some sun. 

The best part was taking the boat out to watch a fireworks display from the water Saturday night. It was a bit leery at first, but most boaters had on their red & green running lights, plus white anchor lights. So we were able to see all of the folks who gathered on the water for the boom fest. At the end, we all honked our boat horns and clapped in appreciation.


I must have been moving my hand in the above pic to get that effect. Or maybe it was the motion of the boat that caused it. Kinda cool.

 

The younger daughter and I made a new patriotic wreath for our front gate that went up last week. Unlike the lake house front door wreath, I did NOT accidentally try to cut off the tip of another finger. God Bless America!




No comments:

Post a Comment