Sunday, October 24, 2021

Four-legged moochers

This month I've made several soups, including a couple pots of cheese broccoli soup. My mother has been craving the stuff, and I've obliged her by whipping up the stuff from scratch and putting it in single serving containers I store in the freezer for her. I also made a big pot of pinto beans and pan of Mexican cornbread this week. I'm hoping we'll settle into a cooler fall weather pattern soon so I can make a big batch of chili.


Anytime I'm in the kitchen, the dogs gather around to look for a handout. Or to watch and see if anything falls on the floor. 

I was cutting up an apple one day and they all gathered at my feet, waiting. I knew Chorkie would eat it, but figured my two wouldn't. Sure enough, he gobbled up his bite, while Ollie and Pepper caught it in their mouths and then promptly dropped it on the floor. But then Chorkie hustled over to gobble up their apple piece. Greed won the day, and they decided to give it a try when I tossed them another piece, if for no other reason than to keep Chorkie from getting it again. And I imagine they were wondering if it tasted better than they expected since Chorkie gobbled up his and theirs. They're now fans of fresh apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment