Sunday, January 16, 2022

Rest in peace, sweet Mother and Mimi

This afternoon I'm thanking the Lord that He called my sweet mother to her heavenly home around 12:15 pm. She was in pain, so I'm relieved that she has shed her cancer-ridden earthly body and is at peace.

These old bruised hands rocked me as a baby, spanked me when I was being a toot, made my favorite cake for lots of birthdays, held my daughters as tiny infants, patted my back and hugged me when I was at my saddest and happiest. I had hoped mother would be with us for many more years to come, but God had other plans. I sincerely believe mother was ready to go home and be with Jesus, her savior. When her soul left her body as she took her last breath, I know she ascended to heaven and will be waiting for me when my time on earth ends. So it's not goodbye, but rather just see you in a while. 

I take great comfort in the promise of Jesus (below) found in the New Testament book of John. I hope it brings you hope and comfort, too.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

John 14:1-4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment