Monday, September 5, 2022

Thankful for September showers

This time of year, it's often hurricanes instead of rain showers along the Gulf Coast that impact us here in the hill country. However, the 2022 hurricane season has been incredibly quiet... which we appreciate! After enduring long months of barely negligible precipitation, it has been nice to see our parched landscape perk up from some recent rains. I'm hoping I don't lose any more plants to the heat and drought between now and the time we hit more moderate temps later this fall.

We drove up to the river house for the weekend and I spied what appeared to be a convention of buzzards. There was no carcass in sight, which was odd. Maybe they had already consumed it and were just letting it digest? It's something you seldom see, so I was intrigued enough to snap a quick pic.

We enjoyed a lazy Saturday afternoon on the river house's back porch, watching the clouds blow in while listening to distant rumbles of thunder. 



Later that evening, we piled up on the sofa to munch on a big pan of nachos I made while watching the husband's Longhorns kick off football season. As always, I'm enjoying the fall things I used for decoration, especially the foxes and squirrels. The woodland animals I scattered amongst the pumpkins really fit in at the river house.


No comments:

Post a Comment