Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Anticipating Autumn

We're about to enter the BER months, and I can hardly wait. September to December is undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year. I adore everything about that stretch of seasonal loveliness from Labor Day to Christmas. I just wish it would feel like fall sooner here in south Texas. Despite the fact that we'll still be running the AC for several more months, it doesn't deter me from dragging out the pumpkins as we put another sweltering August in the history books. 

The husband and I schlepped my boxed holiday lake house decor from storage to the river house. I basically kept the same blue color scheme, and so everything still works. However, with the vaulted ceilings at the river house, it just takes more to make an impact. Next thing I need to do is schedule a thorough chimney cleaning so that we'll be ready when the weather finally does cool off and we can start using the fireplace.

Here at the house in town, I pulled out the green and blue fall pretties. I love this fresh look that doesn't revolve around orange and black. It's all about the autumn harvest for me, not halloween. Though maybe that will change a bit once a grandchild is added to the family mix. 




The end of August is my mother's birthday. She would have turned 76 on Sunday. I really miss her, and yet I'm sure her first celebration in heaven with her creator was amazing beyond my wildest imaginings. I look forward to one day sharing her birthday with her once again after God calls me home.


No comments:

Post a Comment