Thursday, August 4, 2022

O Holy Trip

This week I paid my balance for the trip to Israel in a few months. I had put down a deposit in January, but was then waiting to see if we would be able to jump from our second to first choice tour. Thankfully, we were moved from the waitlist to our preferred travel dates. Then I purchased our flights about six weeks ago. Visas aren't required, and so now it's just a matter of figuring out what to pack.

 

 


I'm a total history and archaeology nerd. Add my faith on top of that and this is truly a dream trip. Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Tiberias, Acre, Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem, Masada, Jaffa and Bethlehem are some of the sites we'll tour. We can hardly wait to visit places where the Old and New Testaments will come alive, where Jesus Christ and His disciples walked and taught. Prayed and suffered for their beliefs. Where miracles were wrought, and the greatest one of all played out... that God loved His creation so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins (John 3:16) so that we may have life everlasting. I imagine it will be a truly humbling and emotional journey for both of us. I probably need to jot down travel tissue packets to my trip shopping list!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment