Monday, August 8, 2022

Quick trip to the river house

The husband and I made a quick 24 hour trip to the river house to get a few things done. Now that all of my decor has been placed, I've been rearranging to get things in the *best* possible location. That included a bit of milk glass tweaking in the dining room. 

Then I turned my efforts to the glass fronted kitchen cabinets. I decided to move some of the wet bar decor into the kitchen to free up space for actual drinking items in the wet bar's glass fronted uppers. (The husband has this crazy idea we need lots of glasses for his mixology!) Every time we're at the river house, I view it all with a critical eye to try and achieve a custom curated look that's a fun mix of high and low items to reflect the river and our hill country setting. For example, the print below was done by an artist out of Austin that I found online. I just love the whimsy of this jackalope and horned toad doing a bit of tubing. I bought a rustic frame that was a great fit last week, then I set about finding a good spot to display it.

I'm waiting for my vintage priest vestments to be finished by a local seamstress working on the alterations we specified. Then it goes to the custom framer to get it ready for display. I've purchased quite a few vintage standing crucifixes for the little chapel niche, but it still feels unfinished to me. What do you think? Maybe the addition of the textile art on either side of the niche will help.

 

My prayer kneeler is en route from Louisiana. Maybe when I place it in front of the niche, this will help it feel more complete, too. We'll see when it gets here. I love the evenings when the dusk to dawn night light comes on behind the angel. This is probably my favorite item in the little chapel area right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment