Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Chapel in progress

The river house is a work in progress as I continue to tweak things, and now I've turned my attentions to finishing the little chapel area. I ordered a handmade kneeler that should be here by the end of the month. I've got quite a few antique crucifixes in the niche. Adjacent to the vintage church pew, I've got a statue of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. I have several old hymnals on the pew, in addition to one of those old school fans folks used in church before air conditioning arrived on the scene.

I had a couple old religious paintings we inherited with the house put in less ornate frames that fit more with my aesthetic. Needing a third item to display with the paintings, I purchased an antique water font from France. It's similar to the one below, but has a green backing instead of red. 

Snooping around on eBay and Etsy for ideas, I decided to go with some vintage textiles as art instead of more paintings. That's when I ran across these old priest vestments from Poland. I wish I knew the story behind them. I was drawn to the colors and vintage feel, as well as history and obvious use.


The decorator and I are waiting for part of it to be modified via alterations by a local seamstress before I take it to the framer to be mounted. Once we're able to hang the three pieces created from this and put the kneeler in its place, I feel like the chapel will be complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment