Saturday, September 26, 2026

House selects stampede

I've been hanging onto my hat lately, y'all. It has been a wild rush to wrap up all of our selects with vendors for the new lake house build so we can finish the contract. Once we've signed on the dotted line with our builder, he says we'll have the slab poured in 3-4 weeks. That would be a real TREAT for halloween. Our plans have been submitted to the HOA architectural review committee, so we hope to have that approval shortly.  

Over the course of the last ten days or so, we've had second or third appointments to revisit prior selects and/or pick plumbing fixtures, appliances, lighting, doors, flooring, windows, cabinets, blah blah blah. At this point, the only big choice I still need to nail down is the flooring we'll use throughout the house. That's a big swath of flooring, and I want to get it just right. The bath tiles have been chosen and I love them. But the wood flooring has me stymied since I'm tying in beams and a big floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace through the common area spaces. Several times now I've pulled in my San Antonio decorator Robin for consults, and she swears we'll get the flooring chosen asap. 

Then there's the lone light fixture I forgot we added over the floating shelf in the wet bar. As you can see below, I've got a bead on the direction to take with that. I sent these inspiration pics to our lighting consultant and am hoping he'll pull several good options for me to come see in a few days.





In non-house related news, the husband and I enjoyed a recent lunch at one of our favorite hole-in-the-wall seafood restaurants. A new addition to their seasonal menu was fried frog legs. And boy did that trigger some fun memories. Back in the day, my pawpaw would go frog gigging at night with some of his hunting buddies. He'd bring home a sack full of big ol' bullfrogs to my granny, and she'd fry them up. It was a treat my mother always enjoyed. Seeing them on the menu reminded me of these two precious ladies. Just like mother always said, and the husband reiterated... tastes like chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment