Saturday, October 5, 2024

Beautiful inside & out

My monthly volunteering at a local group home for girls was focused on inner and outer beauty. Our Chicktime leader arranged for a beauty consultant to come in and discuss the benefits of good skincare so that the girl's outside reflects their inside. The girls had a lot of fund learning about how to take care of their skin, which included a clay face mask.



In my role as snack lady, I whipped up some ranch and onion dips. To keep with our pink theme, I even added a little dye to make them pink. The girls gobbled up the chip assortment with dips, as well as the pink cookie cakes and candy I brought along. As always, the leftovers went back to their cabins to enjoy for a snack over the weekend. Next up is our halloween/fall themed day. I've been busy gathering  the items to make BOO! bags for each of the girls, which they always enjoy receiving. It continues to amaze me how simple things like deodorant, socks, a scented chapstick and ring pop puts a smile on their faces. Talk about giving you perspective!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment