Friday, November 2, 2012

Not-so-great Nissans

I just spent over four hours parked in a chair at the local Nissan dealership's service department, waiting for the verdict on my two autos... quietly seething in my seat while my butt went numb. If that pimple faced saleskid had come by one more time to offer me a cup of tea or coffee, I was gonna have to go all Steel Magnolias, crazy southern lady and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine.

The little Note - a midsized hatchback not sold in the US - has a front tire with a slow leak.  No big deal, right?  Except that I purchased a new set of tires from this dealership last fall.  And since then I've had to take the little car in five times (counting today) for this same slow leak.  It stays inflated for a while and then slowly starts going flat... again.  

Lo and behold, I was told today that they don't have the necessary equipment to diagnose where it's losing air and therefore I need to take it to a TIRE CENTER.  Silly me, I thought it most appropriate to bring it to the folks who sold me the tires, the ones who are supposed to know all of the tricks of the Nissan trade, the professional and most knowledgeable Nissan car fixer uppers.  Of course, this begs the question why they didn't tell me this a couple visits ago so I wouldn't waste time coming to them for assistance.  Seriously ridiculous.

The big ol' Pathfinder needs new batteries in the key fobs, which unlock the doors.  Plus it's the kind of set-up where the fob just has to be in the car and I turn the ignition on without a key.  Thankfully, that's an easy fix.  However, the lag in/lack of acceleration I've experienced wasn't present when they checked out the SUV this morning, so they'll have to keep it until tomorrow to see if it will materialize for them.

All in all, I'm not happy with my Nissans and I will certainly not be purchasing any more of them in the future.  I'm thinking a Toyota or Lexus will look nice in the garage of my Texas house.  I just need to get through the rest of the school year with these Nissans and then get them sold.  Good riddance, I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment