Monday, August 28, 2017

Harvey Hype

Praise Jesus, the forecasts were waaaaay off for the San Antonio area concerning the arrival of Hurricane Harvey. We got the gusty wind and did lose a tree in the side yard.




However, the predicted 6-10" of rain never arrived. I think we officially received about 2" of rain, in slow bands over the course of two days. Which was a blessing to my trees that have been a bit stressed from all of the trimming over the past three weeks and lack of rain in the latter half of the summer. 

We dodged the bullet, but unfortunately there are lots of friends and family in Southeast Texas that are suffering in the flooding. I hope Harvey moves along and dissipates quickly so that things can get back to normal for them sooner rather than later. I remember driving my little car through water I had no business trying to cross back in the day when I lived in that part of the state and it flooded. As in all of the roads leading in and out of town were covered with water. And I was just one lucky duck that my car never died or got swept away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment