Thursday, September 21, 2017

Lizard City

Every time I walk out the back door into the patio area, I have to pass in between these trees with the tall leafy plant thingies growing there. Some of it dead. A mix of ball moss and other miscellaneous vegetation. And every time I walk by, I hear rustling. I often see a lizard skittering off the flagstone for cover in what I consider lizard city. With the odd garter snake thrown in just to mix it up.



Every once in a while I spy a HUGE lizard. As in escaped from some kid's terrarium. Maybe slipped out of the monitor exhibit at the zoo. I can't help but wonder if that's what is keeping the squirrel population under control, our ginormous lizards eating the rodents for snacks.

I'm reallllllly looking forward to the landscape architect designing a patio plan calling for the removal of this eyesore that gives me the heebie jeebies. I bet some nice mulch or pebbles would make a lovely surround for the trees. It's about time to say adios to the lurking lizards and their habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment