Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March (Semi) Madness

The husband finally did it. After thinking and looking, reading reviews and watching videos about vehicles for the past six months, he finally made a decision and bought a Jeep. Which has folks wondering if Mr. Mild Mannered is headed into a mid-life crisis because he's about to turn 50. But nah, that's definitely not the case with my guy. It's just a cool ride that the whole family can enjoy. And I gotta admit, it's good looking with the dark gray and red color scheme. 



During the second half of spring break week, I took my CASA kids to a local wildlife touring park, the sort where you drive through to gawk at all of the exotic critters and throw animal food out of the car window to see how close they'll get to the vehicle. In the past, we've had buffalos try to stick their heads in the window and ostriches test the paint job on the hood with beak jabs, their version of GIVE US THE FOOD NOW. This time the crowds were so thick and the animals so well-fed that we didn't have any close encounters. The very attractive fellow below was one of my favorites. Like all good redneck Texans, I'm thinking I'd like to have one of these on the trophy room wall out in the cabana.


The husband and I recently took a stroll down my high school memory lane when I was about the same age as our youngest daughter, working at the local Dairy Queen in our tiny Texas town with one traffic light. It's not good for me at my age, but I sure did enjoy the country basket. The store's location isn't terribly convenient to our house, which is probably a good thing. We don't need to try and work any more fried foods or ice cream treats into our eating plan.


I swear I'm gonna sell this little devil dog to the canine circus if she doesn't knock it off with the foraging. This morning I caught her eating a piece of dirt from the husband's sneakers off the floor in the office. Yesterday afternoon, she was licking freshly dropped bird poop off the slate on our patio. But then I look at this face and forgive her the naughtiness.


The 11th grader just began the fourth quarter of junior year, but we've already started the first of the lasts when she was assigned her cheer uniforms for the final time. Try outs were the week before spring break and the squad is already set for 2018-19, her senior year. Now that we're racing towards that milestone and I'm beginning to realize an empty nest is just around the bend, I'd like for time to slow down so we can enjoy the second and last chick's final year of high school before she heads out for college. 


No comments:

Post a Comment