Friday, March 2, 2018

Git along little doggies... to the groomer

Highlight of my week... the dogs getting their spring clips. So what if they look like the love child of a sheared sheep and large rat. I've vacuumed the floor in the family room almost every day this week because Ollie and Pepper get leaves and mulch from the yard caught in their fur and scatter it all over the house. Since yesterday was the first of March and we're moving out of the season for colder temps, I decided to save myself some housecleaning time and get the dogs a fresh haircut.



You can see in the pics that our spoiled rotten varmints are enjoying the treats (some frou frou organic dog bone thingy I only buy every blue moon even though they love them) I gave them after they got home from the groomer. I take them to this specialty dog boutique place that has the cute but really overpriced stuff because it's closet to our house and I can usually get them in at the last minute when I just can't stand the doggy stench another day. And the grooming prices are actually very reasonable. But now that they have their shorter coats, I'll be able to wash them at home, so it will save me money in the long run. 


With some nice weather the second half of the week, mother and I have been chatting on the patio in the late afternoon while the dogs get some exercise in the yard. You can see her old pugzillas in the pic above. Pugs on the Patio. That sounds like a great title for a kiddie lit book. But the content... licking each others genitals and eating dried bird poop off the slate, then throwing up later that evening. Plus mother hollering at them to stop while threatening a beat down. I'm not sure how I'd spin that to make it PC enough for the elementary crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment