Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Oh Christmas wreath, oh Christmas wreath

Mother and I are getting pretty good at this wreath making we do. I overbought on the wider red and green ribbon, but that was it. I'll just add that to the extra ribbon box for future use. We were grateful there was no trekking back to the craft store for more mesh because I miscalculated. Sometimes trekking more than once. And we're getting faster, too, which is nice.

Last year we made a ginormous square wreath in these same colors. This year I wanted a large round one for the front gate, just to mix up the shape. Plus I'm thinking about using some faux flocked wreath greenery to hang from the front coach lamps on the gate posts, so I really needed the main center wreath to be round. Now all we need to do is add the red sequined and lime green beaded picks since the base of ribbon and mesh is done. There's also the lights. And then we'll be truly set to throw the switch beginning the Friday evening after Thanksgiving to light 'er up every night until Christmas day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment