Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Anticipation

We're not even halfway through April, haven't celebrated Easter yet, and the high today was 95. I roamed around running all of my errands and going to an appointment in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I loathe summer and its oppressive heat with the same intensity that I adore fall and winter. I'm already counting down the days until I start house hunting for a second/retirement home in a couple different states. Top of my list is a lake in the Nantahala Forest of North Carolina. We're staying at an old historic inn built by a Savannah socialite and her husband in the early 1900s. 



At about 3000' elevation, I'm dreaming of cooler summer temps and time spent cruising the lake with good friends.



Fall foliage in the mountains? Sign me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment