Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Slowly coming together

Lordy, I've decided I'm getting too old for moving/setting up new homes. Even when I'm not the one doing the bulk of the heavy lifting. We spent all day Thursday getting the stuff I ordered for the lake house up there. Then we spent all of Friday and Saturday setting things up. I'm happy to say it's starting to take shape.


I've got most of the key pieces in place. I did have to order a couple more club chairs and ottomans yesterday for the master sitting area as well as the living room. Plus I made decor runs to Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, Home Goods, and The Home Store both yesterday and today. And yet another trip to our big box superstore for a new vacuum, hand mixer and chopper. 

After working with a decorator on several houses, both new builds and remodels, I've finally got some skills. My only decorating snafu was all of the downstairs curtains. I tried to go with the cheapies and boy do they look it. The color is supposed to be white, but it has this icky lavender undertone that looks awful. So I schlepped those back to the store, all eight of them, and ordered another option. Hopefully this new ecru color will work in the downstairs common areas.

On Saturday, we met the boat concierge at the marina for delivery of our new lake toy. Too bad we only got to enjoy the ride back to the house to get our new baby in its cradle it so we could resume working on furniture set up.



Next item to work on my lake house agenda... something to put on the walls to pull it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment