Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The award goes to...

Life is slowly getting back to normal here in Texas. And we'd be in even better shape if folks would use some common sense. But no, lots of idiots rushed out to restaurants, the mall and bars like they were giving away $100 bills for folks to roll up and spread germs. 

After weathering the pandemic lockdown for a couple months, I have to admit I felt leery and concerned when the mask rule was lifted recently. Could I REALLLLLY not wear a mask in public? But thanks to the uptick in diagnoses, we've been put back in masks. Not that I wasn't wearing mine, what with my age and heart condition. Who knows... I might be spreading it unknowingly. And Lord knows I don't want some stranger breathing germs on me when I'm thumping watermelons or getting the husband's clean shirts at the dry cleaners.

When we all went into lockdown, I found myself tuning in to watch the mayor and local judge's news conferences. It wasn't to listen to what these two were rambling on about, but rather to check out the sign language lady. I don't know that I've ever witnessed a more expressive person providing ASL. Check out the faces, y'all - highly entertaining. If there was an award for ASL, this lady would be in line for the top prize!


No comments:

Post a Comment