Monday, June 29, 2020

Last little bits and pieces

We spent our fourth weekend at the lake and hosted my mother as well as sister and her family. We've got most of the furniture in place now. All I'm missing is the third barstool, a bench for the end of the master bed and side table for the sitting area in our bedroom. Plus a piece of wall art I ordered for the girl's bedroom. But I swear that's it. I don't need to invest another penny in our second home. It would be nice to just go up there and enjoy instead of having to put together/place more stuff.

This week we added a club chair and ottoman to the living room for a bit more downstairs seating.




Last weekend we hung up all of the curtains in the downstairs common areas and it really helped pull it all together. 





I love my picture below. It was painted by a Marble Falls artist who I met at a gallery that showcases local talent. She painted the famous Marble Falls bluebonnet house. It's a bit small for that spot, so it's acting as a temporary place holder, of sorts, until my old Lake LBJ and Marble Falls post card project gets framed and is ready to hang in this location. Then the bluebonnet house is getting hung in an even better place.


I've got the knick-knacks placed. Plus we got the girl's artwork hung in the guest king bedroom downstairs, the older daughter's watercolor and the younger daughter's colored pencil drawing. The younger daughter's painted oars were placed in the stairwell landing.






Thanks to my continued calls and pestering, rather than the quality of their customer service, we finally got wifi in the house so we could stream movies and use all of our electronics. Our new outdoor addition to the house is a stand up paddle board with attachment to make it a kayak. The husband and younger daughter gave it a whirl Friday afternoon in our cove/canal.




No comments:

Post a Comment