Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Feelin' hot-hot-hot

It always happens around the 4th of July, when we hit the triple digits here in south central Texas and are resigned to the oppressive heat until late September. This year at the lake was no exception.


We had a small gathering of the younger daughter's friends from Clemson visiting us, so we tubed, jet skied, lounged in/by the pool and cooked most meals on the grill. 







We also fed the usual cast of web-footed characters who paddled up to the dock looking for handouts. 


I found a new insulated tumbler at the local market to add to my lake house collection. I'm absolutely NOT Real Housewives material, but it tickles my funny bone to pretend.


Although the fireworks display in our lakeside community was canceled, we enjoyed watching the random fireworks that popped up over the trees on occasion. 


But I think I got an even bigger thrill out of the gorgeous full moon rising over the water in our cove - truly spectacular!



No comments:

Post a Comment