Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Fall, fall, wherefore art thou?

It's that time of year, when I hate living in the great state of Texas. Time seems to drag starting in July because I'm ready for the slide from my fall pumpkins to Christmas Santa decor, along with the move back into temps that don't rival the gates of hell. Plus fall means Bible Study Fellowship kicks off a new year and I get to return to mentoring my sweet little elementary girl. So I'm just sitting around sweating in this miserable heat while trying to get beneath an AC vent, wishing my life away looking forward to the wonder and joy I find every year when we finally get into autumn.

Thanks to our local wild critters, we're having a really hot AND stinky summer in our house. It seems at least one squirrel, raccoon, ring tailed cat, opossum, etc  made its way into our attic and has obviously died up there. Overnight and into mid-morning, the smell isn't bad. But by high noon it's starting to reek again. And then at supper time, I'm decidedly NOT ready to eat because the smell is nauseating. At least to my super sensitive bloodhound nose.

We're getting someone to come in and reattach the mesh that has obviously come down and allowed critters into the attic. Again. We initially had attic dwellers that required critter evictors. All was well and access blocked until we had the roof replaced. And then we had part of the gutters reworked. So I guess it was only a matter of time before the furry little suckers found a way back in. I just wish they had the decency to vacate our premises before expiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment