Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Old as compressed mud

I'm still working on the very last few odds and ends for the lake house. One item that just delivered is a fish fossil. I was looking for something to compliment the fish figurine and fishing creel on a console table in the living room. And who knew there were so many fish fossils, very reasonably priced, on eBay. For less than $50, I bought a really cool one from the Green River formation in Wyoming. I can't wait to place it in its new home this weekend.


I've had a fun time finding the last few items, some a bit quirky, to make the knick knacks less straight-from-the-catalog and more conversation pieces. So I think the fish fossil find is really cool since it's dated to the Eocene Epoch, from 33-50 million years ago. Decor can't get much more vintage or antique than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment