Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Bargain hunting for pool floats

Last summer the older daughter ordered some cheesy pool floats. The rainbow wasn't too bad, but it had a slow leak. The race car with spoiler was downright obnoxious, taking up a ton of real estate in the pool. And of course we had a couple of the cheapo pool noodles. 

 

I started thinking about upgrading to nicer pool floats at the beginning of fall when I saw some for sale in a couple of catalogs I get. But they were either backordered for months, or didn't have the color I wanted. So I bided my time and found them in stock last week. They weren't on sale anymore, though, and they were gouging me with an extra $20 for shipping. So I decided to keep looking. 

I started to wonder if I could find the same items on one of those websites I frequent where you stumble across the nicer things for waaay cheap. Sure enough, there they were! For the price of the one float I originally wanted, I got that plus two matching noodles and free shipping. In this instance, it paid to wait, nose around and find a better deal. Out with the race car, in with the attractive multi-blue cabana stripe.


No comments:

Post a Comment