Thursday, December 2, 2021

Light it up

The day after Thanksgiving, we put up the MERRY CHRISTMAS sign I made for the front gate and turned on all of the exterior lights. 



My newest Santa also got placed in one of the living room windows that faces the street. Several days before that, I was checking the porch for a package delivery and noticed some water on the floor next to Santa. Only it wasn't water... it was dog pee. Unfortunately, the chorkie is well known for marking anything new in his territory and this was his latest urinary conquest in our house. You can see him in the pic below, back at the scene of his crime after I chastised him, put him in his kennel for time out and then mopped up his calling card on the floor and plastic cover.  It's a good thing Santa was still protected by his packing from the folks who made him by hand. Otherwise the accountant daughter's chorkie might have been holiday hawk bait living in our back yard until the day after Christmas when I put all of my Santas back into storage.


 
You'll notice the small white picket style fencing around Santa. I bought that to protect St Nick from any further leg hiking the chorkie might attempt.

I think this new Santa is a lovely addition to my collection. Now if he'd just quit giving us a fright. The girls and I will spy him in our peripheral vision when we're in the kitchen and startle for a second, thinking we've got a red robed intruder in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment