Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas 2021

We just wrapped up our big take down of all things Christmas. Santa has gone back into storage for the next eleven months. The accountant daughter has returned home because she's leaving on a trip tomorrow from the Austin airport. The college coed will be with us for a couple more weeks until the spring semester starts. Now if the weather would just cooperate and cool off again so it actually feels like winter.

All in all, our lead up to Christmas was lovely. We worked on puzzles. Toured the neighborhood to see holiday lights ablaze. Baked cookies. Ate too much, mainly because we cooked for days. And we all enjoyed sharing Christmas Eve and Day with family and friends. 













I was so grateful that my mother made it to Christmas one more time so we could enjoy Christmas Eve with her. A couple of the holiday recipes I still make today date waaaay back to when I was a teenager and young adult. It just wouldn't be Christmas Eve without them. And her.

I just couldn't resist snapping a couple pics of me and the husband with the fun holiday filters.


On Christmas Day, we enjoyed spending time with the husband's parents and his nephew. Unfortunately, the husband's brother, sister-in-law and her mother all caught covid a couple weeks ago and couldn't join us. Thankfully, they're all on the mend now, but they really suffered with it. I'm glad we opted to take the vaccines in the spring and get our boosters this fall to lessen our chances of having a bad reaction to whatever variant chooses to rear its ugly head next.
 



 

The girls got their usual on Christmas morning - one large gift and several smaller things. It's nice that I can still surprise them at 21 and 26. 

 

Now I'm just burning my Christmas themed candles - a cinnamon and cedar scented seance, of sorts - so I can switch over to my usual first of the year lavender fragrance.

And now we bid a fond farewell to 2021. I'll be back in 2022 with some new things on the horizon. I hope everyone out there on the web had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus. I pray that the new year brings resolutions to strengthen your faith, deepen your bonds with family and friends and helps you lead a healthier, happier life for the glory of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment