Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Getting the jump on spring

On Sunday, the husband and I were out in the workshop to gather things to get to the curb for bulky item pickup that started yesterday. While we were out there nosing around, I decided I might as well bring in the bins of Easter decor I planned to put out in a couple weeks. I unpacked the first container and noticed a theme, see below. Lots and lots of silver.

I've recently gathered up some more bunnies from local decor stores as they've started putting out spring things. I've also nosed around on eBay and found several good deals on used Easter decorations. I'm glad I've been focused on the porcelain Easter pretties since it seemed as if the metal bunnies from years past have been multiplying like RABBITS while in storage.



Another teapot arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it got damaged during shipping. Good news is I got a refund from the seller. Even better news is that I think I can use some gorilla glue to reattach the spigot that got knocked off. It won't be front and center, but will surely be fine sitting in a grouping where the boo-boo won't be so noticeable.

I still have another large tub of Easter decor to unpack. However, I've decided to wait until the coed arrives home this weekend so she can ooh and aah over it with me. I won't be ready to decorate until the table runner is finished anyway. I had this image in my head of a long skinny runner that would be a sort of green grass for the tablescape I want to create. Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything in stores or online that really fit the bill. So I went shopping and purchased some fabric to have one made.


No comments:

Post a Comment