Friday, May 27, 2022

Eat, sleep, breathe the river house

Things are getting crossed off my to-do list for the river house update, slowly but surely. The house's interior has had its first coat of paint. Next week it will get a second, and they will be doing some ceilings after that. Then they'll move into the kitchen as well as bathroom to paint the cabinetry and freshen it up.

I like having a fireplace in the master, just not the style of it. And so painting it in the same color as the walls has made it recede a bit. What I will enjoy is cranking up this gas fireplace on chilly fall and winter evenings while laying in bed and staring at the stars that are so much brighter out in the country.


Back when we remodeled our current home in 2017, I discovered the online website build.com and have been busy ordering a few more things from them this week. The powder room needed new sconce lights, while the kitchen needed a ceiling fan that was manufactured in this century. 

After initially thinking we'd just replace the only carpet in the main house in two of the bedrooms, I decided I don't want carpeted floors anywhere. So now I've got a local flooring company coming next week to measure for new hardwood floors in those two bedrooms as well as the office and landing. It will be money well spent if I don't have to look at the stained 1998 carpet and dated parquet flooring from 1984 anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment