Sunday, May 1, 2022

C&W state of mind

We've been on a country and western music kick this year. I thought I had blogged about our trip to the local stock show and rodeo back in February, but guess I never got around to it. We took the younger daughter and niece, and enjoyed a great afternoon eating carnie food, checking out the show critters and watching the rodeo. You'll have to excuse the poor quality pics I had to go back and screenshot off my Snap videos.



Tim McGraw put on a fun little concert. The man is my age, but he's in great shape. He's undoubtedly more famous now to the general public since he starred in the 1883 spinoff of the hit series Yellowstone. Back in the day when I'd hit the local country western place for some two-stepping, where Mark Chesnutt and Tracy Byrd were still singing with the house band at Cutter's, we'd laugh about how some folks looked like they jumped off the roof to get into their jeans. My own Rocky Mountains were a snug fit. It seems Tim still likes to don his tight fittin' jeans.


 

We're continuing with the C&W concerts next month when we attend the Brooks & Dunn Reboot tour. I was scooting a boot to their hits back when the husband and I were dating, and we'll be married 29 years in July. Funny thing is, it's the younger daughter who really wants to attend. It's cute that she likes the old vintage stuff that I sang along to when I was her age. Proves she has good taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment