Thursday, April 28, 2022

Last one in is a rotten egg

I've been busy decor hunting on eBay and Etsy lately, trying to find some fun and casual items for the river house. Lo and behold, I ran across a shop that had a sign with the following saying: Last one in is a rotten egg. Did you know that comes from a book written by Leonard Kessler back in 1969?

 

I sure didn't. I was a few years old when it was published, but I can't recall reading it when I was in elementary school, though I figure it must have been in the library. I've been thinking about ordering this sign for a couple weeks now and finally did it yesterday. The shop owner sent me several selections on fonts and I went with option 4. It will have pride of place at the bottom of the stairs on the Guadalupe River. I can hardly wait until we close on Tuesday so I can get busy making the river house a reflection of our taste and start enjoying it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment