Sunday, April 10, 2022

Always on my mind

Several years ago, I played tour guide and took my mother plus a few of her friends visiting from DFW into downtown to do a bit of sightseeing. As we were leaving the restaurant where we had lunch, mother and her friend stopped to take a look at the unique Elvis. They thought it was a mannequin, but then he moved. We all had a good laugh. 

I recently saw this headline below and it made me think of the old girls. Turns out mother and Hispanic Elvis were the same age, and passed away a couple months apart.

 

Time flies. We close our eyes for a nap in preschool and wake up to the realization that we're about to qualify for the senior discount. As the cute t-shirt in my closet reads: Buy the shoes, eat the cake, take the trip. And don't forget to have a good laugh along the way while you're making memories with family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment